Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blow again and again!

Last night we celebrated Andrea's birthday with a belated dinner. My parents gave us some money to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Olmeca. It's a little local chain with three locations in small towns on different sides of Huntsville. It's the best Mexican food we've ever had, extremely reasonable in price, with the best lemonade Andrea has ever had, and really good mexican beer cheap and on tap. It was very nice to get out of the house for a bit, just the two of us. When we got home we played a few games of Scrabble. Overall a pretty nice evening.

Before we left I watched some of the Ted Kennedy memorial. It's really sad to lose a man who cared so deeply about average human beings. I can only hope some new politicians with that same level of caring. All of our lives are better off these days because of legislation that man was responsible for.

Andrea has to work tonight, 2-10:30. I'm going to spend the day/evening working on some music, watching Return of the Jedi, and making Jaime watch a zombie b-movie.

My orientation is Tuesday all day, then I presumably start training after that. Fear not, loyal blogolists [that's your name now (all 3 of you)], I shan't let the new job affect me writing!

It's lunchtime now, meaning I get to smell Andrea's amazing leftover fajitas, while I eat something else and wish I had left some of mine for today.

- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment