Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lasting Fragrance Stays Behind!

Cory is becoming a handful. Apparently the curriculum here is a little tougher than it was in Davison, but rather than work harder, he's been looking for excuses and people to blame. Yesterday he got confused by a homework assignment, refused everyone's help, made up a story about something bad happening at school, and proceeded to throw tantrum after tantrum about things he didn't like. This morning he feigned sick because none of his homework was done.

We've been patient with him, about as patient as you can expect two 22 year olds who don't want kids to be. We've spent the morning helping him get his homework done. Anytime a problem gets hard he pretends he has to go to the bathroom or instantly "develops" sniffles. That shit may have worked in the past, with other people, but it will never fly with me. I can only assume he's never been called out on it, since every time I do he gets a look of terror on his face. Apparently he realizes he can't lie to me and get away with it. The sad thing is that's worked before.

On a lighter note, I made fajitas last night and they were amazing, though way too spicy for everyone but Andrea and myself. I'll definitely be making them again sometime soon, with a little less hot sauce and jalepenos.

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble yesterday. I feel like it went well. Hopefully I get offered a job. As far as retail goes, that's always been a place I've wanted to work.

OK, time to take the crybaby to school and take back some library books. Then I make a delicious lunch and we have a few hours of quiet.

- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment