Thursday, August 27, 2009

Available via e-mail!

A second post for today. It's nearly 1:30 in the morning as I'm typing this, and I really should be sleeping, but I have a bloody nose, so here I am.

Andrea and I have become addicted to a game for our phones called Ka-Glom. It's a new take on Tetris-style games, and it's quite addictive. Unfortunately Andrea's phone has been having issues lately, so we're now sharing our Ka-Glom time.

In my last post I mentioned a great new band called Red City Radio. I have another to add to that list: Running With Giants. Totally different music. They sound like Paramore, but much faster and more aggressive. Unfortunately they seem to have lost most of their band, along with their female vocalist, who is really what made the band stand out. They're apparently looking for new members. Hopefully they'll recover and continue. Their current EP is outstanding.

I have to take a drug test in the morning for the new job. Apparently they test more often when you work in a pharmacy, to make sure you aren't stealing prescriptions and using them yourself. I had no idea this was such an issue, but I guess it makes sense. I'm not sure if they want me to disclose any prescriptions I'm taking. I should probably ask about that. Wouldn't want them to think I'm stealing the cholesterol medicine that's $12.50 for a 6 month supply. How do I manage that cheap of a prescription you ask? Well, sure, I'll let you know my secrets.

Because they caught my cholesterol at an early age (thanks in large part to my dad needing heart surgery at 46), we've been able to get my numbers under control by only needing a small dosage. As it turns out, the cost of 10 mg is the same as the cost of 20 mg. A 30 day prescription for either is $6.95 with my insurance, but a 90 day prescription is $12.50 after my insurance. So I bought a $2 pill splitter and asked my doctor to give me a 90 day prescription of the bigger pill, then I split all the pills in half to get my smaller dosage. If you're keeping track, this medicine should cost me $41.70 for a 6 month supply. Yes, I'm aware of how brilliant I am, but thanks for mentioning it. Surprisingly enough, it never gets old to hear.

If Brian works at a WalMart in Indiana, and I work at WalMart in Huntsville, are we co-workers now?

Around a year ago I started making some new music along the lines of the stuff Dan and I were doing, just without any jokes or vocals. I ended up making 5-6 songs. The name of the project at the time was Subject: Predicate. I'm thinking about going back to those songs, reworking them a little bit, maybe adding some vocals, and putting them up. Should I keep the current project name or use a new one? I'm open to suggestions.

Ok, time to test if my nose has stopped bleeding. Nope. I guess I'll find more to write about. I'd really like to get a new computer at some point. And replace both our cars. And Andrea's phone. And get a PS3. And pay for my tuition. Who wants to give us some money?

The Daily Show being off for 3 weeks is not good for me. I start to go crazy if I'm reading or watching news and I don't have the comfort of knowing that at 10p.m. (Central Time) someone will be calling them on their bullshit. There's a rumor (though strangely enough, not talked about much at all by almost anyone) that they're using the next 3 weeks to update the studio, cameras, soundboards, and other equipment to start broadcasting in HD. If so, awesome, I want to believe I'm in the same room as Jon Stewart.

Ok, nose has stopped bleeding now. That wasn't too bad. Only an hour and 15 minutes. Mild compared to some previous incidents.

I'm going to sleep now.

- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment